[great-users] Terminating & Aspects

Matthew J. Emerson mjemerson at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed May 25 11:02:11 CDT 2005

	// Obtaining the position of an FCO in the Aspect 'FOO'
	BON::Point pt = BON::FCOExRegistryNode(
		fco->getRegistry())->getLocation("FOO");

I know that it's possible to work with registry entries in UDM, but I
really doubt you can get the position information for a specific aspect.
Look how it shows up in the registry:

You can see that this is the registry for an object named RootFolder,
which appears in two aspects: Transform and Template. It has a position
attribute for each aspect in which it appears. But, the position part is
nested. IIRC, UDM doesn't allow access to or creation of nested registry
entries.

I'm adding this to the UDM mailing list, since I think it's really a UDM
question.

-Matt