[great-users] GReAT Tool Run Interpreter Question

Daniel Balasubramanian daniel at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Oct 11 19:30:53 CDT 2005

Hi Mark,

Currently, GReAT cannot be run without Visual Studio.  Every transformation has pieces of code which must be compiled, even if you are using the interpreter. (For example, the domain specific .h and .cpp files, along with any attribute mapping code, are compiled into a .dll that is used during the execution of the interpreter)

If you plan on getting Visual Studio, I suggest getting either VS .NET 2003, or maybe waiting for .NET 2005, because sometime in the near future, GReAT will no longer support Visual Studio 6. (However, GReAT does not yet support .NET 2005 because it is still a beta version, but it will be supported once it becomes an official release.)

I hope this helped, if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Daniel