[great-users] updating user code libraries

Matthew J. Emerson mjemerson at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Oct 13 17:22:55 CDT 2005

Currently I'm trying to debug some code in a User Code Library which
gets called from my GReAT transformation using the GRE. So, although I'm
having to tweak and recompile those libraries, I don't have to change
the transformation metamodels or rules (so I don't want to regenerate
that code). Is there any way to use any of the GReAT interpreters to
cause the GRE to re-link in my updated user code libraries every time I
invoke it without regenerating the transformation or metamodel code? It
seems that when I invoke the GRE, it executes using whatever version of
my user code libraries it linked in the last time I regenerated code
from my transformation. Since compiling all that code takes a long time,
I'd like a shortcut.

--Matt