[great-users] GReAT tutorial question

Attila Vizhanyo viza at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Sep 12 11:09:21 CDT 2005

There are two GReAT installation packages: one for VS6 and one for VS71
(.Net 2003).
First please make sure you have downloaded GReAT for VS71. (If not, then
first uninstall the VS6 version, then reinstall the VS71 version)
The GReAT VS71 package looks for vsvars32.bat not for vcvars32.bat.
This file can be found in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Common7\Tools", if you installed VS under C:\Program Files.
This folder is automatically added to your PATH env variable by the
GReAT installer.
If that setting is missing, please add it manually.
We do not support VS8 since there is no official release yet. VS8 is
announced to be released in Nov 2005.
This means that GReAT might or might not work with VS8, we haven't
tested this yet.
Please let me know, if you have other problems or questions.

Thanks,
Attila