[great-users] UserCodeLibrary "Include Directories" attribute

Ace Thompson acethompson at igniteweb.net
Mon Feb 6 21:12:24 CST 2006

Hi,

I have been having a problem with the GREAT "UserCodeLibrary" feature.  I'm
using GReAT r1_5_0_VC71 and GME 5.9.21.

Basically, I have a single "UserCodeLibrary" atom in my Configuration model.
I'm trying to use it to include a boost header file which is located in a
separate directory from my GReAT-generated stuff.

The "Include Files?" attribute seems to work fine (i.e. to specify an
include file which then shows up #included in the right place in the
generated source).

However, if I specify _anything_ for the "Include Directories" attribute, it
seems to not show up anywhere in the generated VC Project File.. I expected
to see it in the "AdditionalIncludeDirectories=" attribute. it looks like it
_wants_ to go into that attribute, because when I put something in the
Include Directories setting in the model, it prepends the
"AdditionalIncludeDirectories=" attribute with a comma. It also seems to
replace spaces with commas in the attribute value.

Here's what it looks like when I don't specify an Include Directory:

$(UDM_PATH)\include,$(GREAT_PATH)\tmp,$(GREAT_PATH)\etc,C:\Documents and
Settings\user\Desktop\path_to_my_project\Udm

Here's what it looks like when I do:

,$(UDM_PATH)\include,$(GREAT_PATH)\tmp,$(GREAT_PATH)\etc,C:\Documents,and,Se
ttings\user\Desktop\path_to_my_project\Udm

I thought maybe the spaces in the path ("Documents and Settings") might have
had something to do with it, but I tried doing this with my model in a path
with no spaces and I got the same prepended comma (and no boost include
path).

I also tried with and without spaces around the Include directory name in
the model attribute.

Obviously I can work around this, but it'd be cool to understand how to make
the Include Directory do what I think it wants to be doing... Can anyone
point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks
-ace
Ace Thompson
Ignite Analytics Corporation