[great-users] Newbie's GReAT Tutorial Problems

Chris vanBuskirk Chris.vanBuskirk at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Feb 8 11:59:33 CST 2006

Thanks for your help so far guys.  I think I'm getting closer.

> If you are using Visual Studio 2005, the problem is related
> to the following:
>
> [ complicated explanation snipped]

Hhhhhmmmmm.  Some of that sounds a bit fishy, but I am sufficiently
overwhelmed that I trust you will figure it out.  ;-)

> You can try using the CodeGenerator and compiling the code to
> run your transformation (this is documented in the
> Step-By-Step guide in the /doc directory), or you can use VS
> 2003 (which is fully supported).

In the meantime, compiling and executing the generated code results in the
attached <screen1.jpg>.  At least it does on one of my computers.  The other
of the two identical setups I referred to earlier now gives <screen2.jpg>
when I try to run any interpreter.  (I have registered a couple of new
paradigms since it last worked on that machine???)

Unless you recommend otherwise, [on the one working GME install] I plan to
uninstall UDM and re-install.  Is it possible that letting GReAT install UDM
doesn't work correctly (sounds fishy too, though)?  I need version
"11/07/05; Release 3.00" of UDM, right?

--
Chris