[great-users] vcvars32.bat

Attila Vizhanyo viza at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Feb 8 13:48:45 CST 2006

Hi Chris,

Good question, and welcome to Microsoft's world of Visual Studio name
conventions.

vcvars32.bat is the name of the batch file that initializes the command
line environment for VS6.
Microsoft has changed the name of this file to vsvars32.bat for VS7
(2002) and VS7.1 (2003).
Since our tools used to work with VS6, the error message we give might
be obsolete.
Since GReAT 1.5.0 supports only VS71, it is sensitive on vsvars32.bat

Another interesting point is that Microsoft has reverted the name of
this batch file to vcvars32.bat for VS8 (2005).

HTH,
Attila