[great-users] purely textual GG execution

Attila Vizhanyo viza at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Feb 22 16:55:07 CST 2006

You can generate C++ code out of the GReAT transformation model, compile
and link the C++ code, and use the executable to transform any input
model conforming to the input metamodel. Once you generated the C++
code, you do not need the original transformation model to execute the
transformation, so you can ship the exe to other users, without giving
them the transformation model. Of course the C++ code is not easy to
change or maintain.

HTH,
Attila