[great-users] Master General Exception

Chris vanBuskirk Chris.vanBuskirk at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Mar 16 16:21:25 CST 2006

Feng says:
> Would you please try the GReAT sample first on your machine
> to see whether those samples could work?

House2Order does not work (nor did the couple of other provided samples that
I tried).  However, I am 95% sure that this is the machine I successfully
completed the step-by-step tutorial on a couple of weeks ago.

Between now and then, I had uninstalled GME 5.9.21 and installed 5.11.18.
And then eventually uninstalled 11.18 and reverted back to 9.21.  Could this
be related?

Before sending this response, I __rebooted__ and tried House2Order again
(just to be sure).  The error dialog:

  Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
  ----
  Buffer overrun detected!

  Program C:\Program Files\GME\GME.exe

  A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted
  the program's internal state.  The program cannot safely
  continue execution and must now be terminated.

  | OK |

Also, in the time since my previous post, it ran successfully a third time
(<<1% success rate).

--
Chris