[great-users] More Formal Definition of "Packets"

Aditya Agrawal aditya.agrawal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 20:30:43 CDT 2006

> IMHO this is a deficit.  I offer the following as a starting point for
> agreeing on a more formal definition:

[Adi Agrawal]
I agree

> "The set of input ports for any rule/test-case form a tuple that
> reference a sub-graph(s), within the overall graph(s), from which the
> pattern matching algorithm is to initiate its search."
>
> {Note that a set of input ports of size one (though pointing to only one
> graph "node") is still a proper 'sub-graph' of the original graph(s).}

[Adi Agrawal]
It sounds good.
I would add the fact that duplicate patterns are removed between rules. For
example, There is a pattern (of 3 vertices) being matched. Then only two of
the three vertices are passed on to the next rule. Then GReAT removes the
duplicate packets. We could define it as a set of tuples.

Adi