[great-users] Installation Problems

Joe Porter joe.porter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:43:58 CDT 2007

Where to begin...

I'm trying to install GReAT 1.6.1.  I started by uninstalling 1.6.0 (and
associated UDM), and GME 6.11.9.

GME 7.6.29 installed just fine.

When attempting to install GReAT 1.6.1, I get the following message:

C:\Program Files\ISIS\GReAT\bin\GenerateGRC.dll

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: LoadLibrary failed; code 14001.

This application has failed to start because the application configuration
is incorrect.  Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

Pressing Abort does the obvious.
Pressing Retry does nothing.
Pressing Ignore several times in succession will give me the same message
for all of the following DLLs:

CodeGenerator.dll
GenerateCfgModel.dll
GenerateConfig.dll
GenerateGR.dll
GReAT Master Intepreter.dll
InvokeGRE.dll
LibraryUpdate.dll
UMTDecorator.dll
UMTHelper.dll
MetaGME2Uml.dll
MetaGME2UMT.dll

Then the UDM install fails in the same way on MetaGME2Uml.dll.

After that, UDM/GReAT appear to be installed, but do not work.

I have tried:
Uninstall everything, reboot, reinstall the old versions, uninstall the old
versions, reboot, and then try again.  Same result.
The rationale behind that attempt was that maybe the old version DLLs
weren't properly unregistered by the first uninstallation, so I
reinstalled/uninstalled the old versions again to make sure.

Has anyone seen a problem like this?

I'm going back to the old versions, but there is a problem with the Group
operator in the old version that was fixed in the new version.

Thanks,
-Joe