[great-users] Installation Problems

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jul 23 14:49:34 CDT 2007

Hi Joe,

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 02:43:58 PM -0500, Joe Porter wrote:
> Where to begin...
>
> I'm trying to install GReAT 1.6.1.  I started by uninstalling 1.6.0 (and
> associated UDM), and GME 6.11.9.
>
> GME 7.6.29 installed just fine.
>
> When attempting to install GReAT 1.6.1, I get the following message:
>
> C:\Program Files\ISIS\GReAT\bin\GenerateGRC.dll
>
> Unable to register the DLL/OCX: LoadLibrary failed; code 14001.
>
> This application has failed to start because the application configuration
> is incorrect.  Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

Each version of UDM and GReAT is tied to the version of GME that they were
compiled against.  So unless you have a version of UDM and GReAT compiled
against GME-7.6.29, it is unlikely to work.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University