[great-users] Installation Problems

Anantha Narayanan Ananth at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jul 24 09:29:32 CDT 2007

I tried to install on a test machine, with Win XP Pro and VS2005, and
encountered the same error.
I installed VS2005 SP1, and after that GReAT installed correctly.
I tried one of the samples, and the GR engine and code generator work
fine, and the generated code compiles and runs fine.

btw, installing VS2005 SP1 requires a lot of time, disk space, and all
the planets to be in the right positions.
If you are not keen to install SP1, see if you can figure something out
from here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/06/591694.aspx

~Ananth