[great-users] Error with running GREngine on Windows Vista

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jun 11 17:59:38 CDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I am trying to run the GREngine on Windows Vista and facing some problems.
In shorr, execution of mpc.exe is failing.  I have attached a screenshot of
the error in the command window available at:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~kitty/GReAT-GREngine.jpg

Windows Vista treats %ProgramFiles% as a system directory and doesn't allow
writing to directories underneath %ProgramFiles% by non-system processes.
Since the GREngine chooses %ProgramFiles%\ISIS\GReAT\tmp as the temporary
directory to create the intermediate files necessary during the running of
GREngine, it fails.  Is there anyway to change the directory that GREngine
uses for the temporary files?  I would prefer to use %TEMP% or %TMP% for
the temporary files.  Please note that I am able to use/work with all of
the rest of the GReAT toolchain without any problems on Vista.

If you feel that the problem is elsewhere,  please let me know.  Any help
in resolving this problem is much appreciated.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University