[great-users] TTC 2010: Call for Solutions

Pieter Van Gorp pieter at pietervangorp.com
Thu Apr 1 03:20:12 CDT 2010

Transformation Tool Contest 2010: Call for Solutions
PDF: http://is.ieis.tue.nl/staff/pvgorp/events/TTC2010/CallForSolutions.pdf
Homepage: http://is.ieis.tue.nl/staff/pvgorp/events/TTC2010/
Satellite to TOOLS 2010, Malaga: http://malaga2010.lcc.uma.es/
1 About TTC
The aim of this event is to compare the expressiveness, the
usability and the performance of graph and model transformation
tools along a number of selected case studies. A deeper
understanding of the relative merits of different tool features
will help to further improve graph and model transformation tools
and to indicate open problems.

This contest is the fourth of its kind (after an AGTiVE 2007
session, and the GraBaTs 2008 and 2009 workshops), but the first
to appear under this new acronym. It will be organized as a
satellite event of the TOOLS conference, this time TOOLS 2010 in
Malaga, Spain. Since TOOLS is colocated with the international
conference on model transformation (ICMT), teams from the major
international players in the development and use of model
transformation tools are expected to participate.

2 TTC Procedure
  [Past] Phase 1
  Case proposal submission In order to facilitate
  the comparison of transformation tools, we have solicited
  potential case studies (See
http://is.ieis.tue.nl/staff/pvgorp/events/TTC2010/?page=Format#phase1.)
  Out of six submissions, the following three case studies have
  been selected:

1. The Model Migration case (submitted by Louis Rose, Dimitrios
  Kolovos, Richard Paige and Fiona Polack) invites submissions to
  explore the ways in which model transformation languages can be
  used to update models in response to metamodel changes.

2. The Topology Analysis of Dynamic Communication Systems case
  (submitted by Peter Backes and Jan Reineke) relates to the
  analysis of properties of dynamic systems. The general
  challenge is to analyze a transformation system that generates
  the possible topologies of a communication protocol. The
  concrete challenge is to do this with as many processes as
  possible.

3. The Ecore to GenModel case (submitted by Dimitrios Kolovos,
  Louis Rose, Richard Paige and Juan de Lara) involves the
  synthesis of low-level models for the Eclipse Modeling
  Framework (EMF) from more abstract (yet annotated) EMF models.
  More specifically, a genmodel should be derived automatically
  from an annotated ecore model. This case relates to mechanisms
  such as traceability and change propagation.

  Important: The case descriptions are currently being refined
  based on the feedback of our case committee. The core
  challenges will remain the same but the evaluation criteria
  will be defined more precisely. Revised/extended versions will
  be made available via the contest website on April 12. We are
  also setting up an online forum to enable interaction between
  the case submitters and the solution developers.

  [Present] Phase 2: Case solution submission
  All those who like to participate in the contest are now asked
  to choose one or more case studies, take their favorite
  transformation tool and submit their solutions. A submission
  should consist of a paper and the actual solution. The paper
  should include a description of the chosen case study variant
  (if any) and a presentation of the chosen solution, including a
  discussion of design decisions. See
http://is.ieis.tue.nl/staff/pvgorp/events/TTC2010/?page=SolutionsToCaseStudies
   for examples.
   Papers are to be submitted by May 10, 2010,
   to http://www.easychair.org/conferences?conf=ttc2010.
   Before the same deadline, each case study solution (tool,
   project files, documentation) should be made available for
   review and demonstration via SHARE.  Signup at
   http://is.tm.tue.nl/staff/pvgorp/share/?page=Signup&bundlename=TTC10.
   See http://fmt.cs.utwente.nl/redmine/wiki/grabats/SHARE for
   instructions.

  [Future] Phase 3: Workshop and live contest
  Besides the presentations of the submitted solutions, the
  workshop will comprise a live contest. For more details (such
  as reference solutions for the case studies, testcases, online
  forum discussions,  and refinements to the original case
  descriptions), please consult the TTC website:
  http://is.tm.tue.nl/staff/pvgorp/events/TTC2010/.

3 Important dates

+-------------------------------+--------------+-----------------+
| Event                         |  Deadline    |  Interval to    |
|                               |              |  next deadline  |
+-------------------------------+--------------+-----------------+
+-------------------------------+--------------+-----------------+
| Call for cases                |  8 February  |  5 weeks        |
| Case submission deadline      |  15 March    |  2 weeks        |
| Call for solutions            |  31 March    |  5,5 weeks      |
| Solution submission deadline  |  10 May      |  2,5 weeks      |
| Notification                  |  26 May      |  5 weeks        |
                                 --------------------------------+
| Workshop                      |  1-2 July 2010                 |
+-------------------------------+--------------------------------+

4 Committees
4.1 Organizing Committee
• Pieter Van Gorp (Eindhoven University of Technology, The
  Netherlands)
• Steffen Mazanek (formerly Universität der Bundeswehr München)
• Arend Rensink (University of Twente, The Netherlands)

4.2 Case Committee

• Barbara König (University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany)
• Jordi Cabot, (École des Mines de Nantes, INRIA, France)
• Tihamér Levendovszky (Budapest University of Technology and
  Economics, Hungary)
• Steffen Mazanek (formerly Universität der Bundeswehr München)
• Anantha Narayanan (Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee)
• Arend Rensink (University of Twente, The Netherlands)
• Bernhard Schätz (Technische Universität München)
• Gabriele Taentzer (University of Marburg, Germany)
• Pieter Van Gorp (University of Antwerp, Belgium)
• Gergely Várro (Budapest University of Technology and Economics,
  Hungary)
• Albert Zündorf (University of Kassel, Germany)