[great-users] include GReAT transformation into GME interpreter

Kevin Smyth ksmyth at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Feb 7 14:29:10 CST 2011

If I understand correctly, you'd like to run a GReAT transformation on a
model and then run an interpreter on the output. Let's say the first
paradigm is ParadigmA, and the second is ParadigmB.

Probably the easiest way is to:
1. Use the GReAT code generator to generate code based on your UMT transform
2. Compile the generated code
3. Write the ParadigmB interpreter
4. Write a second interpreter in ParadigmA that invokes the .exe, opens the
ParadigmB output in an IMgaProject, then calls IMgaLauncher::RunComponent
with your ParadigmB interpreter. However, this requires that the model be
saved before invoking the interpreter.

Probably the best way is to:
1. Generate the code
2. Create a new Udm Interpreter in ParadigmA
3. Paste in _main.cpp's main() into InvokeEx
4. Change the input/output Udm::SmartDataNetworks to UdmGme::GmeDataNetwork.
Call OpenExisting(dngBackend) for the input, and
CoCreateInstance("Mga.MgaProject"), project.Create, then OpenExisting() for
the output
5. Use IMgaLauncher::RunComponent to invoke the ParadigmB interpreter

Kevin