[great-users] Abort a transformation

Achim Gädke Achim.Gaedke at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Feb 23 15:31:32 CST 2011

On 24/02/11 08:32, Daniel Balasubramanian wrote:
> This implies that you have a way inside the transformation to test for the abort condition.
> The semantics of GReAT are that if you have a Rule that produces no output packets, then the transformation terminates.

Hi Daniel!

Well, we are in the middle of the "exception vs return value"
discussion, which is a quite old one...

I'd like to indicate a fault, not return an empty model (which does not
do any harm).
Probably I should throw an exception in the C++ code of an
AttributeMapping, which will result in some sort of error message.

Cheers, Achim