[great-users] Abort a transformation

Daniel Balasubramanian daniel at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Feb 23 15:34:52 CST 2011

Hi Achim,

> I'd like to indicate a fault, not return an empty model (which does not do any harm).

I didn't realize that you needed to indicate a fault.  You are correct that GReAT doesn't have a first-class "exception" concept that you can define in a transformation.

> Probably I should throw an exception in the C++ code of an AttributeMapping, which will result in some sort of error message.

You could do that.  You may also want to look into using a User-Code Library inside your transformation if there's a lot of computation you need to perform.

Cheers,
Daniel