[great-users] MetaGME2UMT Interpreter: More than oneAssociatonClass possible?

Kevin Smyth ksmyth at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jun 23 09:35:47 CDT 2011

Hi Florian,

The "Connection X has more than one AssociationClass" limitation has
been removed, but unfortunately is not in a GReAT release yet. The fix
is in the latest Udm release: you should be able to use the MetaGME2Uml
("Converts MetaGME model to equivalent Uml class diagram") interpreter
from the latest Udm release (r3.2.8), then either copy-paste or Attach
Library the generated _uml.mga to your UMLModelTransformer/GReAT model.
GReAT's LibraryUpdate can then move the references from your old Uml
diagram to the new Uml diagram.

Re: UMLModelTransformer different connection types:

PatternComposition and PatternAssociation are the most often-used
connections. Section 5.2 in the GReAT user manual covers Rules.

MatchAnyAssociation is documented in section 5.10 of the GReAT user
manual.

TracesTo is typically unused. It creates a link in the generated
RTT_...mga file when the rule fires.

I don't know what IteratorShiftConn does.

Kevin