[great-users] Handling of abstract classes and transformation debugging

Joe Porter joe.porter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 17:29:14 CST 2012

Leonard,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.   For the reference of
the list users, I attached your original notes file.

Rule 2: The creation mechanism ensures you will have uniqueness, since
each ModComponent creates a block.  The Crosslink keeps those two
objects associated (ModComponent <-> Block) so you can quickly look up
the Block that goes with each ModComponent, or vice-versa.

Rule 3: The cardinality for ModEquation isn't quite right.  1..* means
"one or more".  You want to use 0..1, which means just one.  I would
leave rules 2 and 3 separate, but I don't have a solid technical
reason why.  I will ask.

On the case question, why do you need a case?  Can you just create one
rule to handle creating ports corresponding to ModPart, and another to
create ports corresponding to ModBlock?

-Joe