[great-users] Handling of abstract classes and transformationdebugging

Kevin Smyth ksmyth at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Mar 7 09:44:09 CST 2012

re: debugging transforms:

GRE.exe can print which Blocks/Rules are being executed. Run the master interpreter on your UmlModelTransformer file, which produces Config.mga. >From the command line, run "c:\Program Files\ISIS\GReAT\bin\GRE.exe" Config.mga -dv

printf/cout statements in AttributeMappings can provide a quick way to provide some diagnostics.

You can debug GRE.exe and set breakpoints in your AttributeMapping code located in %TEMP% \GReAT\. Another option is to use the Code Generator, then debug the resulting transform exe in Visual Studio.

You can try the GReAT debugger: C:\Program Files\ISIS\GReAT\bin\grd.exe. It is hard to use, however.

Kevin