[great-users] GReAT transformation, incorrect source code generation with nested libraries and namespaces

Tim Belschner tim.belschner at ils.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jun 17 03:36:16 CDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with the patternMatcher function when trying to compile my
current project (GME 14.5.5.2297, GR Engine v1.7.7, UDM v3.2.13). The code
generator seems to forget a namespace level or handles it incorrect if I try
to find a pattern which is defined in a nested library.

Following, the faulty line of code taken from the generated patternMatcher
function:

set< MetaLevel3::NS_Level2::NS_Level1::Level1_Model> level1_Models_f=
rootFolderDst_d.NS_Level2_1_Level1_Model_kind_children();

and how it should look like:

set< MetaLevel3::NS_Level2::NS_Level1::Level1_Model> level1_Models_f=
rootFolderDst_d.NS_Level2_NS_Level1_Level1_Model_kind_children()

As one can see, the code generator misses to include the correct namespace
of the first level. Instead of "NS_Level1" it only includes "1".

The metamodels are nested as following:

#--------------------------------------------------#

MetaLevel3

--MetaLevel2 (namespace: NS_Level2)

----MetaLevel1 (namespace: NS_Level1)

And for clarity, I built up a small example which can be found here:
<http://www.ils.uni-stuttgart.de/MetaLevel_Example.zip>
www.ils.uni-stuttgart.de/MetaLevel_Example.zip

I would be glad, if someone could have a look at this.

Best Regards

Tim