[great-users] Delete pattern with with abstract models

Simon Görke simon.goerke at ils.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Aug 21 10:40:04 CDT 2015

Hello,

I have a meta model as follows:
- model A can contain instances of model B
- model B is abstract
- the non-abstract models C,D,E are inherited from model B (this
inheritance is defined on a second paradigm sheet by using a model proxy
- but I do know not if this really contributes to the problem).

My intention is to delete any model C,D,E which is contained in a model
A. For this purpose, I have a simple GreAt pattern which matches an
(abstract) B-model contained in A.
My problem here: whenever I set the action property of B to "Delete",
the code generator complains about an object handle being null.
As a workaround, I tried to match e.g. C directly, but had the same
result anyway.

I can delete the object by matching the abstract B (action="bound") and
calling B.DeleteObject() within an attribute mapping; however then, I
run into problems when enabling the "run transform in memory" option
("Udm exception: Corrupt StaticObject set. Object by pointer is not in
set!").

Any ideas how to tackle this issue?

Greets,
Simon