[great-users] runtime for crosslink creation increases exponentially

Kevin Smyth kevin.m.smyth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 15:34:24 CDT 2017

Hi Tim,

It looks like creating a crosslink is a O(n) operation (in the number of
existing crosslinks). Looks like you want to make O(n^2) crosslinks, which
would make the transform O(n^3) (not exponential).

The slow runtime is a consequence of design decisions that aren't easily
fixed. However, I'd be willing to accept patches that don't break backwards
compatibility.

Sorry for the bad news.

Kevin