[tao-users] Memory pools with TAO

Manjula Peiris manjula.peris at gmail.com
Tue May 26 15:29:18 CDT 2015

Hi,

I have tried with the  "-ORBUseLocalMemoryPool" and send 10,000 requests to
the echo service, and counted the number of times new, new[], malloc,
delete, delete[], functions are called using dynamic binary
instrumentation. I found out that number of times those functions are
called during the service/orb life time has no significant different
when  "-ORBUseLocalMemoryPool" parameter is enabled or disabled. I would
like to know is this the expected behavior or am I need to do something
else to enable the local memory pool.

Thanks for your help.

Manjula.

--