[tao-users] Debian 8 production.

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Feb 8 04:32:33 CST 2016

Hello,

In addition to the renamed files (which is not a bug), Alexandre's patch
re-enables TAO.

We (the Debian developers maintaining ACE and TAO) had to disable the build
of TAO due to licensing problems. To get TAO back in Debian, we need to
split the ACE+TAO source package and build in two parts: ACE stays in main,
TAO goes to contrib. Problem is that requires quite a lot of time and
neither Thomas Girard nor I can do that in our spare time, or convince our
employers to do that for free. Unless someone does the work or finances it,
it may take a good while to get TAO back to Debian proper :-(

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org