[tao-users] Configuring Endpoints

Phil Mesnier mesnierp at ociweb.com
Thu Jul 7 16:15:13 CDT 2016

Hi Jim,

The -ORBListenEndpoints arguments are handled by the ORB_init() arg list processor. However, you can create an ORBInitializer object, which can be loaded by the service configurator. See $TAO_ROOT/tao/PI/ORBInitializer.pidl, you'll want to implement the pre_init() method. Grep for ORBInitializer throughout the tao/* directories to find lots of examples of how to do that. Use the supplied OrbInitInfo value to get a reference to the ORB_Core, and from that get the orb_params object to which you can add your configured endpoints via calls to its add_endpoints() operation.

Best regards,
Phil

> On Jul 7, 2016, at 3:38 PM, Melton, Jim <jim.melton at lmco.com> wrote:
>
> Is it possible to specify –ORBListenEndpoints parameters within the svc.conf file? I have searched the documentation and cannot determine where this parameter should go.
>
> --
> Jim Melton
> Software Architect, Fusion Programs
> Lockheed Martin IS&GS