[tao-users] ACE 6.4.5 and TAO 2.4.5 available for download

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Thu Sep 7 03:43:22 CDT 2017

Hi all,

Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and
users, we are pleased to announce the micro release
of ACE 6.4.5 and TAO 2.4.5 which is available from the usual
download location at:

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

under the heading "Latest Micro Release".

Or from the github release page at:

https://github.com/DOCGroup/ACE_TAO/releases/tag/ACE%2BTAO-6_4_5

The doxygen documentation for this release is also available.  In
addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles,
this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to
generate their own makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're
using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at:

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of
Vanderbilt to move ACE and TAO forward.  Overviews of our recent
progress and upcoming plans are available at:

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 98% for the TAO tests.

Please see:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests.  As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving any remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.  Moreover, please see:

for information commercial support services available from various
companies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last major release.
Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files, or
Bugzilla entries for more details on the problem and the nature of fixes
applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

. Add support for OpenSSL 1.1. ACE users on Windows have
  to add openssl11=1 to their default.features file so
  that the correct OpenSSL library names are used.

Changes to TAO

. Extended TAO_IDL with a new -Gsd which enabled the generation of two
  additional static operations for each interface. _desc_repository_id
  to retrieve the repository id as string, second _desc_interface_name
  to return the interface name. Both can be useful in template meta
  programming use cases where we want to use the repository id or
  interface name of a specific type.