[tao-users] Windows 10 Entry Point Error

maggiari at b-k.it maggiari at b-k.it
Thu Jan 25 10:15:48 CST 2018

Hi Adam,

Thanks for you clear reply.

I'm still experiencing problems. Entry point errors are still here.

I've used the generate_export_file.pl (thanks you for the tips), then
called the tao_idl as suggested and finally setted the preprocessor
variable.

These steps, at the end, basically generates the __declspec(dllexport)
macro for the idl methods and types which is similar to what I was doing
(and __declspec(dllimport) for the rest), but I see that this generates
others macros and I've thought it could work. Unfortunately the entry
point errors come up again.

My biggest concern comes from this test:

I have binaries of the same affected library+application package compiled
with VS2013 and ACE+TAO 6.0.1 which run fine on Win 7 since 2015.
Installing the SAME binaries on Win 10 the entry point errors come up!!
This sound strange to me because
there should be binary compatibility between these versions, or I'm wrong?
Do you find "normal" this issue?

Maybe the entry point errors is due to some other problem. Obviously I've
already tried to recompile on Win10 with VS2013 the library+application
(using the older ACE+TAO 6.0.1 which was run fine on Win7 as I described
above) and I have the same issue again.

Many thanks, bye, Dario