[tao-users] Problem with cross building TAO example

Lou Woods Lou.Woods at OARcorp.com
Fri Nov 9 09:27:40 CST 2018

Mr. Willemsen,

Thanks for your help.  I just wanted to follow up and report that I solved my issue by adding the commands below to the platform_macros.GNU file.

TAO_IDL := $(HOST_ROOT)/bin/tao_idl
TAO_IDLFLAGS += $(HOST_ROOT)/bin/ace_gperf
TAO_IDL_DEP := $(HOST_ROOT)/bin/tao_idl$(EXEEXT)

Specifying these flags explicitly caused the code needed to be autogenerated by the build process.

Thanks again,
Lou

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnny Willemsen <jwillemsen at remedy.nl>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 2:30 AM
To: Lou Woods <Lou.Woods at OARcorp.com>; tao-users at list.isis.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Re: [tao-users] Problem with cross building TAO example

Hi,

The AMI generation is an optional feature enabled through the -GC tao_idl commandline option. This has to be set on the tao_idl compiler invocation. It is not clear what you have done before, maybe you ran the tao_idl compiler by hand and forgot this option? Please use the PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM which is in the root of the ACE/TAO pacakge when asking questions.

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT