[tao-users] Install step after building TAO via .sln

Adam Mitz mitza at objectcomputing.com
Thu Apr 25 08:49:55 CDT 2019

Hi Ahmet,

On 3/18/2019 11:40 AM, Ahmet Bilgin wrote:

> I have successfully build TAO 6.5.1 with the included vc12 solution file.
>
> What I’m missing is an install step which deploys the build to a dist
> directory like ‘make install’ would do in the linux build. The
> straight forward Build+Install documentation does not mention such a step.
>
> Is there a script or VS solution project which packages the final
> distribution?

MPC includes support for this.  Unfortunately unlike the GNU Make "make
install", we don't have continuous integration tests for it, but the
tools are there.  The prj_install.pl script reads .ins files

https://github.com/objectcomputing/MPC/blob/master/prj_install.pl

which are generated from mwc.pl when generating projects/solutions:

https://github.com/objectcomputing/MPC/blob/ad9d830bc576efb366df00021bd31faa614f56e8/docs/USAGE#L47

Please give it a try and if it works for you, use a GitHub Pull Request
to add to the documentation.

Thanks,
Adam Mitz
Principal Software Engineer