[tao-users] Exceptions from TAO not being caught

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Tue Nov 3 01:26:13 CST 2020

Hi,

Thank for using the PRF form

> Sending my question here because when I try to send to
> tao-bugs at list.isis.vanderbilt.equ
> <mailto:tao-bugs at list.isis.vanderbilt.equ>, (as per the instructions) it
> gets returned shortly with “This is a moderated mailing list”.

Yes, for all bug lists you need to be subscriber and your first post is
manually checked to keep all spammers out. We also now use github
issues, see https://github.com/DOCGroup/ACE_TAO

> Running on Solaris, exceptions thrown from TAO code are not caught, and
> program execution terminates.

This sounds like a problem related to the C++ compiler/runtime you are
using. When I do a quick google on solaris and exceptions not working
there are several references that point to various problems and
workarounds. Maybe you can check those and maybe contact Solaris
support, this sounds not really a problem in ACE/TAO itself.

Best regards,

Johnny