[udm-dev] IMPORTANT: GReAT vs udm_ns results

Attila Vizhanyo viza at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jul 29 17:58:28 CDT 2005

Hello Endre,

As of now, all GReAT projects compile with no errors using udm_ns.
We are experiencing some runtime errors, though. I could bring down the
set of problems to two basic kind of bugs

1, While traversing Udm Uml xml files, there is namespace information
introduced in some function's return value.
	Example: Uml::Class::from() returns class name qualified with
namespace
	(I have modified the corresponding GReAT code to work with
namespace qualified names, too)
2, At least one, (possible more) Udm TOMI function code has been
invalidated because of the removal of Diagram-Class composition
relationship in UmlInUml.
	Example: in the implementation of set<Object>
Object::GetAdjacentObjects(const ::Uml::Class & clsDstType, const
AssociationInfo& ascType)
		Ln 300: ::Uml::Diagram::Cast(clsDstType.parent()), where
clsDstType is of type Uml::Class

I would recommend to search for "Uml::Diagram" in all Udm source code
base to find all problems like 2.
This is quite tedious, but still necessary to guarantee elimination of
the problem. (I have done this for GReAT already)

In contrast, I don't know how to get rid of problems like 1 in a robust
manner, since the artificial namespace feaute is likely scattered across
many components.

This is another reason why should we redesign udm_ns.

Thanks,
Attila