[udm-dev] udm_ns release

Zsolt Kalmar kalmar at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jun 28 14:51:16 CDT 2005

Endre,

> > 1. Uml2XMl error message
>
> Please send me a sample UML model on this, with a constraint which
> generates an error, but otherwise it's correct.

Please look at the project in udm_ns/testOCL

> > 2. Generated source code backward compatibility
>
> I still suggest the #typedef solution, upon the existence of a switch:
>
> namespace A
> {
> 	namespace A
> 	{
> 		class B;
> 	};
>
> 	#typedef B A::B;
> };

Endre did you try it on the samples?

We tried it on a toy sample and it has got problems:

1. It does not work for all cases

// in an original-udm generated source
namespace X
{
 	class Y {};
};

 // Endre's proposal
 namespace A
 {
 	namespace A
 	{
 		class B {};
 	};

 	typedef A::B B;
 };

 class Test {
 public:
 	void processInt3( int i)  {
 		using namespace A;
 		B b;
 	}
 	void processInt2( int i)  {
 //		using namespace A;
 		A::B ab;	// if using namespace A, then this line
does not c ompile
 		using namespace X;
 		Y y;		// works
 		X::Y xy;		// works
 }

2. It's an ugly hack.

> > 3. Test projects clean up (Attila reported it)
>
> Ok, I got that.
>
> > 4. OCL source synchronization
>
> What is the problem here?
> The latest suggested change it was reported through Anantha to Molnar

OK. Linux version needs some changes. Are those reported, too?

> Zoltan.
>

> > 1. and 2. prevent us from coming out with a release, even for
in-house
> > testing purposes.
> > We would like to have this release in few days.
> > What is your schedule?
>
> I'll do 1. and 2. this week if the suggested solution is OK to 2.).
Sounds good.

Thanks,
zsolt