[udm-dev] Re: udm_ns2

Endre Magyari endre at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Sep 30 17:13:06 CDT 2005

An other update:

- all tests are functional (including JAVA code generation and Java Tests)
- UdmBackEndDump seemed to be the only utility I had to update.

udm_ns2 seems to be finished, feedback would be needed:

- How udm_ns2 does perform, is it working with existing projects, what are
the bugs, etc.
- Regarding XML representation, a decision is needed how should be the
elements without namespace (the instances of classes placed directly in
diagram) represented in XML.
Two possible solutions are:
1. - they will be represented in XML without a namespace
2. - based on a rule, an XML namespace can be generated for such elements.

Currently 1.) is implemented.

In long term, we also need a decision about which udm we will use, udm_ns
or udm_ns2.

Thanks,
Endre