[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] Getting cookie of a event consumer from CIAO

Gan Deng gan.deng at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Aug 6 20:45:47 CDT 2007

Hi Santos,

> Hi,
>
> Is there some way in CIAO that I can get the cookie assigned from DAnCE
> to a consumer in a publisher/ consumer connection so I can disconnect
> them using the method “EventConsumerBase unsubscribe (in FeatureName
> publisher_name, in Cookie ck)”?

No, such details are intended to be transparent to end users of DAnCE.
However, you can use the ReDaC feature of DAnCE to remove connections.
For example, if you want to remove a publish/subscribe connection "foo"
from the deployment plan A, you can pass a another deployment plan (say,
plan B) that is the same as plan A but without "foo" in it. Please see a
  short tutorial below:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/CIAO/examples/Hello/ReDaC-Usage.html

Thanks,
Gan