[Ace-users] tests on AIX 5.3

Jerome Lee n4mts0 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 21:09:25 CST 2007

First, sorry about my English.

   TAO VERSION: 1.6.1
   ACE VERSION: 5.6.1

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: IBM RS6000 44P MOdel 170/
AIX5.3L

    TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:

    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc version 3.3.2

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE:#include "config-aix-5.x.h"

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE:
     include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_aix_g++.GNU

    EXAMPLE AFFECTED:   all $TAO_ROOT/tests/

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:  EXECUTION    yes

      SYNOPSIS:
server got a coredump

I downloaded gcc and gmake form IBM website, after I have installed
them,
I created config.h and platform_macros.GNU.
And then, set
 ACE_ROOT=$HOME/ACE_wrappers;export ACE_ROOT
TAO_ROOT=$ACE_ROOT/TAO;export TAO_ROOT
cd $ACE_ROOT;make;cd $TAO_ROOT;make
Everything compiled correctly without any error.
But when I run test with perl script:
$perl run_test.pl
ERROR: cannot find file </home/jerome/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tests/Hello/
server.ior>
ERROR: <server> exited with coredump from signal 4 : ILL
$
when I run test manually:
$server
Illegal instruction(coredump)
$

That is all. Is there anything that I should offered?

For test purpose, I compiled ACE&TAO on windows xp with VC8. Running
server.exe on windows,
with  ftp, I copy server.ior to my AIX box, put it under $TAO_ROOT/
tests/Hello directory,
and run client on  AIX,  the client work fine.

I find that program coredumped when execute following line:
CORBA::Object_var object = root_poa->id_to_reference (id.in ());

Welcome any suggestion, Thanks all