[Ace-users] [ace-users] C++ Exception handling model for Win32 builds

Adrian Tulloch my-ace-sub at reyes-tulloch.com
Wed Dec 12 18:00:14 CST 2007

Johnny Willemsen said:
> I did remember disabling the error window didn't work with /Eha. The issue
> is that I don't have free time to retest this at this moment. I can only do
> that as part of our commercial services. Can you file this in bugzilla (see
> http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/bugzilla/index.cgi).

Done. It's Bug 3169. Out of interest, what do you need to test? I've
written a little non-ACE program and verified that a unhandled exception
filter is called with /EHsc. I've also recompiled ACE with
ACE_DISABLE_WIN32_ERROR_WINDOWS, introduced an access violation to one
of the regressions tests and verified that it don't show the error
window when that option is set. Is there anything else I can do to help?

> > As a minor improvement, if we really do want to prevent win32 error
> > dialogs from appearing, we may want to consider calling
> > SetErrorMode(SEM_FAILCRITICALERRORS) in the code in the #ifdef
> > ACE_DISABLE_WIN32_ERROR_WINDOWS block. >
> Can you add this also to bugzilla

It's in as Bug 3170

Adrian