[Ace-users] [ace-users] detach ACE_Thread

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon Dec 17 05:46:30 CST 2007

Sorry if my terminology below is too specific to pthreads, that's where
I come from.
I have a curious problem where a solution that I presently have in mind
requires that a thread makes itself detached under certain conditions.
The thread in question is created as joinable and normally is joined by
a "master" thread.

Some questions:
1). I can not seem to find anything similar to pthread_detach() in
ACE_Thread/ACE_Thread_Manager interface. Does ACE provide such
capability at all ?
2). Assuming an answer to the previous question would be "no", is there
a way I could call pthread_* functions directly to "hack" to get what I
want and not confuse ACE thread management ?

--
Andriy Gapon