[Ace-users] [ace-users] What's with JAWS, JAWS2, and JAWS3?

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Dec 20 07:59:27 CST 2007

Hi,

To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information,
please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF),
which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE+TAO.  Make sure to include this information
when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.  If you don't use
the PRF, therefore, it is less likely that someone from the core
ACE+TAO developer team will be able to answer your question.
Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE+TAO
user community who can respond to questions that they have the answers
to.

Please note, moreover, that the DOC groups at Washington University,
UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt University only provide "best effort"
support for non-sponsors who are using the latest release, as
described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Therefore, please make sure you are using ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.2 (i.e., ACE
5.6.2, TAO 1.6.2, and CIAO 0.6.2), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit".  If you need more "predictable"
help or need help for earlier versions of ACE+TAO+CIAO please see

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO+CIAO
commercial support.

>  What's with JAWS, JAWS2, and JAWS3?

That question makes no sense.  Please rephrase.