[Ace-users] [ace-bugs] ACE_Thread_Timer_Queue_Adapter large interval

Martin Lierschof MLierschof at vizrt.com
Tue Jul 10 03:35:09 CDT 2007

Hi,

ACE VERSION: 5.5.1 (primary)

ACE VERSION: 5.5.8 (also tested)

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:

Windows2000, WindowsXp (winsock2)

TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:

Windows2000 (sp4) , WindowsXp (sp2) both running on winsock2

COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):

MS VC 7.1 (sp) / MS VC 8 (sp1) = tested on both

THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE:

#define ACE_ENV_BKWD_COMPAT

#include "ace/config-win32.h"

THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE:

None

CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features:

AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:

ACE_Thread_Timer_Queue_Adapter

Templates:

<ACE_Timer_Wheel>

<ACE_Timer_Heap>

<ACE_Timer_Hash>

<ACE_Timer_List>

DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:

COMPILATION?

No

LINKING?

No

EXECUTION?

No

I measured some miscalculation in intervals while debugging with large
intervals. So what's the recommended max value for an Interval?

I tested with all Templates, but there was no difference between them,
always the same result.

Class:              ACE_Thread_Timer_Queue_Adapter

Templates:        all:

                        ACE_Timer_Wheel

            ACE_Timer_Heap

ACE_Timer_Hash

ACE_Timer_List

definitive 10 days

Calculation:       scheduled interval = 3600s (1 hour) * 24 (1day) * 10
(10 days) = 864000s

Start time:        30.06.2007 00:00:00

Debugged in Timer_Queue_Adapters.cpp line: 261

Excepted handle timeout:
10.07.2007 00:00:00

Timeout calculated while in debug Timer_Queue_Adapter:
15.07.2007 00:00:00

I'll be pleased if there is a workaround / fix / other timer adapter.

My current workaround is scheduling just for one hour but this seems
more than a dirty hack for this problem.

Thanks in advance

Martin Lierschof