[ace-users] Please, help in problem with ACE

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jul 19 10:47:54 CDT 2007

Hi,

> Hi, i'm beginner programmist, i use ACE, and it's wonderful stuff!!! Thanks you, for this framework!)))

You are quite welcome!  Thanks very much for your email.  Please make
sure to send all questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list
or ACE+TAO newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel
frequently and often don't have ready access to email.  See

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html

for more info on how to access these resources.

> But i begin study a class ACE_Asynch_Acceptor, write little program,
> which accept connection from another computer work perfect, but this
> program accept ONLY 10 connections at one moment and 11 connect don't
> connect!!! Please talk what i do wrong??

I suspect you're running into a limitation with your OS platform.  To
ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please
make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which
is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE+TAO.  Make sure to include this information
when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.  If you don't use
the PRF, therefore, it is less likely that someone from the core
ACE+TAO developer team will be able to answer your question.
Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE+TAO
user community who can respond to questions that they have the answers
to.