[Ace-users] NAT with TAO 5.5.8

yasha at strategyrunner.com yasha at strategyrunner.com
Wed Jul 25 12:49:14 CDT 2007

ACE VERSION: 5.5.8
TAO VERSION  1.5.8
HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2003 SP2
COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Visual Studio 2005 SP1
DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION?
        no

        LINKING?
        no

        EXECUTION?
        yes

    SYNOPSIS:
    We cannot connect with Naming Viewer to Naming Server behind NAT

    We have server in NATed network. Server have external IP and
external name -- newsr1.strategyrunner.com
    We define newsr1.strategyrunner.com with it's internal IP in the
server hosts file and the run the Naming Service with:
    -m 0 -ORBListenEndpoints iiop://newsr1.strategyrunner.com:11023
    We connect to it from Naming Viewer from the internet with:
    corbaloc:iiop:1.2 at newsr1.strategyrunner.com:11023/NameService

    It all works fine with TAO 1.4.1 and TAO 1.5.0 but fails with TAO
1.5.8
    It looks like 1.5.0  and 1.4.1 returns full server name but 1.5.8
returns server internal IP in "location forward" and because of this
client cannot connect to the Naming Server.
    Are there any settings in 1.5.8 to configure it to behave as
1.5.0?

    Thanks,

    Yakov