[ace-users] ACE is not getting installed on MAC OS X 10.4

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jul 26 09:15:41 CDT 2007

Hi Apparao,

> I am trying to install ACE on MAC OS X 10.4 G5 machine. But this is not getting installed.

To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information,
please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF),
which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE+TAO.  Make sure to include this information
when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.  If you don't use
the PRF, therefore, it is less likely that someone from the core
ACE+TAO developer team will be able to answer your question.
Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE+TAO
user community who can respond to questions that they have the answers
to.

> In the building page (http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/ACE-INSTALL.html#unix_traditional), mentioned Mac
> OS X (10.2.x). Is it run on only 10.2.x or it will run on 10.4.x also?

Please see

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/integrated.html

and look at "CIAO On MacOS" for information on the MacOS platform we
"support."  I use that term loosely since we currently have no sponsors
or volunteers to maintain MacOS, so if you'd like to help us out that
would be super!