[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] callingPlan_LauncherleadstoExecution_Managercoredump

Gan Deng gan.deng at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jul 26 09:29:45 CDT 2007

Friedhelm,

Could you please make sure that you didn't use any wonrg/obsolete IORs
generated by CIAO, since you mentioned it tries to connect to the wrong
component? Before investigating this problem further, I would suggest
delete all the IOR files generated by CIAO in the directory of your file
system and try again.

Thanks,
Gan

Friedhelm Wolf wrote:
> Hi Johnny,
>
>> The log just tells me enough what is happening. Can you maybe run your app
>> in the debugger and see what is received in the server?
>
> debugging the whole thing was not easy, but it helped a lot:
> I found out, that actually the whole node application seg faults, when
> the request
> is coming in (I could have realized that, if I'd had a look at the
> running processes,
> because behind the NodeApllication, there was the hint <defunct>).
>
> Actually the code, where the application crashes is autogenerated by the
> idl compiler, so maybe some CIAO people can help here.
>
> I attatched the stackdump. The codesnippet, where the whole thing crashes is:
>
>   template <typename T>
>   void
>   ILogger_Servant_T<T>::WriteMessage (
>     const char * messageSource,
>     const char * messageType,
>     const char * messageText
>   )
>   {
>     this->executor_->WriteMessage (
>       messageSource,
>       messageType,
>       messageText
>     );
>   }
>
> The reason for crashing is, that the executor_ member variable is a var
> class containing a null pointer at that moment.
>
> However, this is very strange because I do not want to connect to the
> CLogger component (to which the call seems to be delivered according
> to the stackdump), but to the CLoggerClient.
>
> After thinking about that, I have to assumptions:
> 1. Maybe the IOR generation mechanism in CIAO isn't working correctly
> all the time and I therefore end up in the wrong component.
> 2. It is not allowed to deploy two components to the same container,
> as I did (see attached deployment plan).
>
> Any comments on that?
>
> Thanks,
> Friedhelm
>
> On 7/26/07, Johnny Willemsen <jwillemsen at remedy.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> Johnny

>> callingPlan_LauncherleadstoExecution_Managercoredump
>>

>> Johnny,
>>

>>> In the log I see the output below. Is this expected?
>>>
>>> Johnny
>>>
>>> TAO (24614|182954076800) - Transport[10]::cleanup_queue, byte_count = 582
>>> TAO (24614|182954076800) - Transport[10]::cleanup_queue, after transfer,
>> bc = 0, all_sent = 1, ml = 0
>>> TAO (24614|182954076800) -
>> Transport[10]::drain_queue_helper, byte_count = 582,
>> head_is_empty = 1
>>> TAO (24614|182954076800) - Transport[10]::drain_queue_i, helper retval = 1
>>> TAO (24614|182954076800) - Transport[10]::make_idle