[ace-users] Page fault on VxWorks when activating a task

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Thu Jul 26 13:34:43 CDT 2007

Hi,

> Regarding the comments about the configure script problems for Linux,
> we will take a look at the generated configure parameters as well, and
> see if we can find the offending one for the high resolution timers
> :).

If you find a problem, please file it in bugzilla, we also welcome patches.

> By the way, we've continued woking on our migration towards VxWorks
> but we've found an unexpected problem: activating a task always
> results in a page fault. Here is the PRF:

We as Remedy IT have maintained the VxWorks port for a group of our
customers. The funding for VxWorks 5.5.x ended at the end of last year, all
customers are moving or have moved to VxWorks 6.x. Recently we have shutdown
our builds but we haven't done any daily tests from January anymore. The
VxWorks environment is expensive to maintain, because of that we limit our
support for VxWorks only to commercial customers. See www.theaceorb.nl for
our services, as part of that we can assist you with VxWorks.