[Ace-users] Re: SCTP using ACE on Windows

chand_05 kvss.chandrasekhar at wipro.com
Mon Jun 11 09:06:40 CDT 2007

Hi Douglas,
Please find the required information in PRF format.

Kindly let me know, if you further need any information.

    ACE VERSION: 5.5.1

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
        Windows XP, WINSOCK version is 1.1

    TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
Windows XP
    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): VC++ 6.0

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
    specific file, simply state which one]: contents are #include "ace/
config-win32.h"

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
    use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
    (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
    C++)]:

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/
default.features
    (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
[What example failed?  What module failed to compile?]
    SCTP listening socket  using the following code is not working.

#include "ace/SOCK_SEQPACK_Connector.h"
#include "ace/SOCK_SEQPACK_Acceptor.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#define TTCPPORT 5001
#define BYTE_MESG 0xcd

int main()
{
  ACE_SOCK_SEQPACK_Acceptor AcceptorSocket;

  ACE_Multihomed_INET_Addr ServerAddr (TTCPPORT,
#ifdef ACE_HAS_IPV6
                                      (0 ?
                                       ACE_IPV6_LOCALHOST :
                                       ACE_LOCALHOST)
#else /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
                                       ACE_LOCALHOST
#endif /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
                                       );

  if (-1 == AcceptorSocket.open (ServerAddr,
                                 1,
#ifdef ACE_HAS_IPV6
                                 (0 ? AF_INET6 : AF_INET),
#else /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
                                 AF_INET,
#endif /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
                                 ACE_DEFAULT_BACKLOG
#if defined (IPPROTO_SCTP)
                                 ,IPPROTO_SCTP
#endif /* IPPROTO_SCTP */
                                ))
  {
   printf( "cannot open the listening port\n");
  }
  else
  {
   printf( "opened the listening port\n");
  }

  return 0;

}

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
	Execution

[Please indicate whether ACE, your application, or both are affected.]

    SYNOPSIS:
Not able to open the SCTP listening port.

We are using the above written code to open a listening port of SCTP.
It always fails.

    REPEAT BY:
[What you did to get the error; include test program or session
transcript if at all possible.  ]

    SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND:
[If available ]