[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] Pulse frequency of the Sender component in the Hello example

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Mon Jun 11 15:04:55 CDT 2007

Hi,

>I'm running the Hello example of CIAO and I couldn't understand how the
>frequency of the sender component is set.

It is set in the executor files (Sender_exec.cpp). You'll find the
following methods:

void
Sender_exec_i::hertz (CORBA::Long hertz)
{
  this->hertz_ = hertz;
  ACE_DEBUG ((LM_DEBUG, "Sender_exec_i::Hertz:%d\n", this->hertz_));
}

CORBA::Long
Sender_exec_i::hertz ()
{
  return this->hertz_;
}

The first method is where the frequency is set. If you edit the XML file
correctly, the container will call into your executor after the XML file
is parsed to set the frequency.

>I noticed that there's an hertz attribute at the Sender IDL but I could
not
>find where it's used.

This isn't a perfect example. It is a Hello world component after all,
so it will do the bare minimum ;-) For a better example, look at
$CIAO_ROOT/docs/tutorial/Quoter

Thanks,
Abdul