[ace-users] SCTP not working

kvss.chandrasekhar at wipro.com kvss.chandrasekhar at wipro.com
Mon Jun 11 23:49:46 CDT 2007

Hi,

I am using Opendiameter release 1.0.7-i for one of my projects. This
version of opendiameter supports SCTP protocol using SCTP. When I am
trying to use SCTP in both Linux and WIndows, it is not working. Below
are the further required details.

ACE VERSION : 5.5.1

OPERATING SYSTEM : Window XP and GNU Linux with kernel version
2.6.16.16.
Complier version : VC++ 6.0 in windows, GNU Linux "gcc version 3.2.3
20030502"

I wrote the below program to check whether there is problem with open
diameter or ACE in opening SCTP sockets. The below didn't work in both
Linux and Windows confirming that the problem is with ACE

-----------------------------
  ACE_SOCK_SEQPACK_Acceptor AcceptorSocket;

  ACE_Multihomed_INET_Addr ServerAddr (TTCPPORT,
#ifdef ACE_HAS_IPV6
                                      (0 ?
                                       ACE_IPV6_LOCALHOST :
                                       ACE_LOCALHOST)
#else /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
                                       ACE_LOCALHOST
#endif /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
                                       );

  if (-1 == AcceptorSocket.open (ServerAddr,
                                 1,
#ifdef ACE_HAS_IPV6
                                 (0 ? AF_INET6 : AF_INET),
#else /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
                                 AF_INET,
#endif /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
                                 ACE_DEFAULT_BACKLOG
#if defined (IPPROTO_SCTP)
                                 ,IPPROTO_SCTP
#endif /* IPPROTO_SCTP */
                                ))
  {
   printf( "cannot open the listening port\n");
  }
  else
  {
   printf( "opened the listening port\n");
  }

  return 0;

-----------------------------

Please let me know whether I need to use any other libraries along with
ACE to use SCTP as transport protocol for any application.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandra Sekhar

and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and

transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

www.wipro.com