[ace-users] ACE_TP_Reactor:random crash sometimes

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jun 12 04:47:33 CDT 2007

Hi Mihai,

> First of all thanks for this great tool called ACE. It
> really makes my life much easier.

Great!

> Now here is the problem I have:
>
>     ACE_TP_Reactor:random crash sometimes

Thanks very much for using the PRF.

>     ACE VERSION: 5.5

ACE 5.5 is rather old, so could you please try upgrading to ACE+TAO+CIAO
x.5.8 (i.e., ACE 5.5.8, TAO 1.5.8, and CIAO 0.5.8), which you can
download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit".

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.